Old 07-01-2016, 04:41 AM
Watson

Default When making a pattern...my suggestion....

I've searched for the thread on what people want to see in a pattern and I just can't find it so I'm going to add my thoughts here.

I found a pattern I'd love to make and was all set to buy. I looked at the fabric requirements and they are all written in numbers, from a certain collection. IOW, 1 fat quarter Birds and Berries #1245-01.

This is frustrating for a number of reasons....A) they no longer have that collection available. B) That gives me no idea what colour fabrics I need to buy on my own, if I choose not to make the quilt exactly as they have made it.

My only option is search the net individually for each fabric # and note down what the fabric is....#1245-01 is a medium turquoise with a yellow stripe, etc. and there are 12 fabrics that are required.

It would be so much easier, (and I would have bought the pattern), if the designer had of included both the numbers, so you could reproduce it exactly and a small pic of the fabric so those of us who wish to purchase our own would be able to see the general colour, but still make our own decisions when we go to the fabric store.

Anyhow, that's my suggestion for people creating patterns....note the general colours used as well as the collection numbers.

Watson

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-01-2016 at 07:04 AM.