View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 02:10 PM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
Your quilt is very pretty. We beat ourselves up so much on our projects! I am sure there are a whole lot of folks that would be thrilled to curl up in this red, white and blue quilt. The only thing I might have done differently is the sashing. I find it difficult to work with very narrow sashing. And having the white sashing next to a white piece makes it disappear. You see how on the back the dark really sets of the blocks? I might have tried to get that same look on the front. I often piece the back with leftovers from the front, but doing a TOTAL piecing of both the sides is a very big undertaking - 2 quilts for one!
I agree with you on the white. It's a QAYG quilt - not my first - but definitely not my best work. I was in a rush (again) and failed to look how the blue sashing on the back was sewn. After I was done and was finishing the front of the quilt I found a lot of pieces that weren't caught by the blue sashing and by that time I was not about to take it all apart and start over. So, I got some fabric glue and glued the pieces down. Obviously I can't give that away. The front wasn't watched either and if you look closely you will see where not all the white sashing faces the right way. :-( That and the fact that the sashing doesn't match up and down and it's home will be here with me.

The blue sashing is 1" and the white 2" folded in half. I should know what I'm doing by now. :-(