Old 07-02-2016, 05:04 AM
onaemtnest

Hello Quilting Friends ~

OMGoodness Barbara you are an amazingly compassionate person to be so sensitive to the needs of women in such despair. I have the deepest compassion for women that go through this it has in the past and is still is, so misunderstood by so many.

I also admire your patience with camping escapades. I sit here chuckling as I never have enjoyed 'camping', I believe the wife/mother's mantra should be "Camping Is Housework Made Inconvenient" We lived exactly 35 miles from our favorite secluded campsite in the mountains of Colorado. You may ask how I know it was exactly 35 miles? Because every day, when Dad and kiddos would be off four wheeling, I would drive the 35 miles each way to go home to shower as I could not stand the smell of wood smoke in my hair or in my clothing. To say Momma wasn't happy with camping is spot on.

We 'camped' for two years in a tent, then thinking 'tenting' was the problem we moved (up?) to a camp trailer THEN I had to clean a miniature house, I kept wondering where's the vacation? LOL Our kids were teenagers and the amazing thing is now as adults they said they never knew I disliked it so much, so I must not have grumbled too much in their presence, our poor dog surely did on those round trip drives back to the house for a shower. <giggles> </giggles>

I cancelled all future camping trips after a night encounter with a mountain lion and her kittens, we were camping with two other families, all great friends of ours enjoying a beautiful evening just at dusk when she appeared on an out cropping, she let us know we were in her territory and she was not happy. Six adults, four teenagers and two toddlers all huddled in the fifth wheel that belonged to one of our friends, it was the most substantial of the three houses on wheels, and he as a wildlife forest ranger also had a weapon at the ready. Fortunately the cat and her kittens inspected the campsite found no food (which I surmised could have been anyone of us, especially the kiddos) she left never to be seen again by us. Our friend said it was highly unusual for a cat to come into a campsite as they are usually ambush attackers....just what I wanted to hear!

Thank-you again to my swap friends ~

Sunrise450
Jaba
Imanna
dotcomdtcm
JENNR8R

Patrick's Mom

Here are more wonderful surprises that came in the mail 7-1 it's so much fun going to the mailbox!

Barbara Kibler
DjMat
NLS
MizMelly