View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 09:28 AM
K-Roll

Miriam that story is a hoot! Tornado?..my great fear since childhood & the Wizard of Oz. I am terrified of thunderstorms.

My DH informed me last spring that he was done with camping. I am sad about that: not for any reason except he said it's too much work. Our first trip together was in 1978 when we backpacked into Yosemite high country for a week. We missed the turnoff for the trail right at the beginning...and didn't realize it...so with 50 lbs on our backs we climbed the vertical steps/ladder, really, next to Vernal Falls that were hewn out of rock and boulders
...when we got to the top I sat down and cried my eyes out thinking we'd have to climb back down in a few days. On the way out we found the right trail. And there was an earthquake one morning while we were brushing our teeth...funny because we had discussed where to shelter in case that happened...and had picked out a huge rectangular boulder as big as a house...just remember flying down the hillside to "our" boulder with a mouthful of toothpaste.

I hope DH changes his mind. On the last camping trip in the Sierra I bought a kit and made a pine needle basket, then a lid for it which wasn't in the instructions, later a basket out of sweetgrass. My youngest daughter joined us, saw me working on the basket & said "what? Is this the 1840s?"

Such good times on mother earth. I've made a design...conception is a piece off cake. Execution - now there's the "ache"( for me!)