View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 09:58 AM
miriam
Power Poster

My design conception isn't one tiny bit like the product. It just happened. I'm thinking it is so off the wall it isn't funny. But I had fun playing with the "computer" sewing machine. I had to use a type writer like that for work one time. It was a mag card machine. It was very unforgiving. If you made a mistake you had to do all of it over... Same with this turkey. With this old computer machine you punch in the number for the stitch, punch M and then if you want something else you punch in its code and M then on and on but you don't have any review or corrections. You just have to sew to see if it did what you want. If something happens in the middle you have to run it through to the end and start over. I had a lot of that. I should do some more messing with it to see what else I can make it do. I'm sure newer machines are easier to convince to do something.

Mercy, my grand daughter is here trying to put her concepts into reality. I told her she might have to simplify just a it to get it on a post card. She has been messing with that old computerized machine and the 1950s Phoenix. She has been having fits because she only knows one speed - fast. At my house she uses an old beat up Singer 99 hand crank. She loves it but she isn't over there. Lovie was here yesterday - she just knocked off a couple post cards like a pro... grrrr.

Tornado - it was a pre 1840s camp - we evacuated. We've been through some 80 mph winds and never had the tent go down.

Last edited by miriam; 07-02-2016 at 10:04 AM.