Old 07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Yes I have encountered many mistakes in patterns though the years. It has taught me to try and make one of each block required to make sure of the pattern before cutting all of the blocks out. Please don't ask about the pattern I cut hundreds of 2 1/2" blocks the wrong size. It aggravates me to no end. But, it was something I never forgot.

There was a recent pre-cut quilt I made that was 1 and 3/8 inches short for the middle blocks on a medallion quilt. No problem I just put them all together and added a 5/8" border around the blocks to compensate. Yes mam I sure did let her know the error. She was still selling the kits. By the way, she forgot to send enough of the cut triangles to make other blocks in the quilt top. She did mail them right off to me, but, come on. So, I vowed to never buy a pre-cut ever again. I have never bought one before this, so it won't kill me.

Back to patterns though... I love great quilt patterns and am really addicted to them. I have to admit, it is hardest to find the proper fabrics for the quilt than to find inspiration. I used to spend hours on the design and math to make a quilt. But, now I just check my pattern for errors and test a single block. Easy Peasy !!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-02-2016 at 04:04 PM.