View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 02:17 PM
cashs_mom

My husband is the worst about asking directions! And on top of that he has no sense of direction himself. Many years ago when we hadn't been married very long (and I hadn't realized how bad he was about direction) we were going to his brother's house for Thanksgiving. We had my mom with us and she was in the back seat. On the way over, I asked him if he remembered how to get to his brother's house (they hadn't had the house long and we had only been there one time), he said he remembered is was on the south side of I-10. I knew we were in trouble then because I distinctly remembered it as being north of I-10.

After wandering around for 45 minutes, I finally said 'why don't you call and get directions?" He calls talks for a bit and says "Okay, we'll be there in a few minutes". We drive off and I ask him what street we're looking for so I can help look. He says "I don't remember". Um, okay. So then I ask how we are going to find it if he doesn't remember and he says "I'm not sure". At this point, I glance in the back seat and my mom is literally laying down on the seat laughing. It was all I could do not to laugh, too. After 2 more phone calls and a bunch of wrong turns we finally got there. That was the last time I let him navigate his way anywhere.