View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 04:48 AM
Edie

My dog, Miss Bess, is 13-1/2 years old and she is so afraid of fireworks, not to mention thunder and lightning. So, I will be staying home with her cuddling her and keeping her feeling safe. I will share my Subway sandwich with her. She doesn't have too many years left and I want to make sure I take the best of care of her while she is with me. She can be very demanding and we do have arguments now and again, but when it comes to thunder, lightning and fireworks, she knows and I know that I am here for her.

While the sun is out and nice outside today, I am going to finish up laying Cypress mulch and do some weeding and then I am going to take the quilt I am putting together, outside on the deck and bring out the sewing machine and iron and work out there (Miss Bess has a big pillow she lays on while I am on the deck) and hopefully today with everything else I may be able to get it all put together and ironed flat and get it ready to send out for the quilting end of it!!!!

I knew the minister that gave the benediction over the Enola Gay and the crew and I thank God for him and his prayer. He was only 28 years old. He was one of my most favorite men, next to my husband and father, a real hero. I thank God for him because he was part and parcel of our Independence and my flag flies for him.

God Bless America! Edie