Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Quiltin'Lady

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I'm going to build a wood ladder to lean against the wall for my quilts. For now I have a couple of quilt racks that sit at the end of beds.

Here is how I'm going to do as soon as it warms up so we can work in the shop.

http://www.woodstore.net/quiltladder.html
Oh, that rack is just lovely! If I had room for one, I'd be sure to put it on my "honey-do" list!! :lol:

Unfortunately, I have very little room to display quilts: we live in a small house with many bookcases and doors. The house is L-shaped and the "inside" walls have floor-to-ceiling windows -- which are splendid for views but really hard to hang things on! :-D

I've yet to make anything larger than a fairly big baby quilt, so most of my things are small and I've managed to have something in nearly every room. The big space in our dining room gets swapped out seasonally, while the rest are more-or-less permanent.

My husband has a major "thing" about holes in the walls, so I hang the seasonal quilts with fish line -- I usually have a light-weight aluminum rod in a sleeve at the top; tie a loop of fish line to the ends (which are covered in painter's tape to protect the wall); then thread the fish line loop up through two widely-spaced cup hooks at the junction of the wall and ceiling. The fish line is invisible and I can hang a wide range of sizes from the same two hooks.

My "rotating quilts" space -- changed out by season.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63486[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-63481.jpe