Old 07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
PAMAR

I love this wallhanging. I am so sorry your daughter did not appreciate it. I have had similar experiences over the years. I now tell my family I will make them a quilt only if they want one. I try to get their input as to what they would like.

Recently, I made a surprise T-shirt quilt for my 3 time All-American wrestling nephew. My sister sent me all his special t-shirts. We drove the finished quilt out to Ohio from eastern Pennsylvania, as I didn't want to risk it getting lost in transit.

He was so surprised when he opened it. I told him that I had put a sleeve on the back in case he wanted to hang it. He looked at me with an astonished look on his face and this darling young man said to me "Oh, I want to use it. Is is OK if I use it? I think it is disrespectful if I don't use it."

Holding back tears, I told him it was his to do with what he wanted and he definitely could use it. That night, he sat in the family room wrapped in the quilt. The next morning, as I passed his room, I saw the quilt proudly laid out perfectly on his bed. I could not have asked for a better gift. I will make this young man as many quilts as he wants for as long as I can. This is why I quilt for love and not money.

My wish for you is that you experience this kind of joy and appreciation for your passion and talent. There are those out there who would love such a valued gift of your love. Seek them out. You will know who they are. Do not give up the gift that gives you joy and will give others an equal amount of joy.

I, for one, would proudly display this quilt in my home. It is beautiful.