Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 PM
fallonquilter

Default quilting with friends

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
There will be a total of four ladies each day. Three of us will be there for all three days. Two will join us for one day each.
Great suggestions:

Checked with my EE husband three sewing machines and iron running at once shouldn't be a problem there. He said at worst we'll run an extension cord from another room. (Not an optimal solution). I may put an iron in a separate room.

I will designate one table for raw edge and tshirt iron ons and have freezer paper on that table.

I wasn't going to have them bring tools except office chairs and an extra iron. Frankly I don't think most of the ladies have any tools. We will label everything they bring though. Excellent idea.

Everyone is working on something different. The t-shirt quilt person is bringing her supplies. I was going to let the others raid my stash. If we need a field trip to the quilt store we can do that. Regular fabric store right around the block.

Liquids in a closed top bottle and no food in the room.

I'm the only experienced quilter/sewer there so I'm the go to person. I won't plan on getting much done.

Thank you quilting board. These were great suggestions. I'd love anything else you can think of.

We have 10 people here every Friday. A hint I can give you is to give each person a tv tray by their station. I hate to be crowed and this really helps with the overflow. I also bought, at the $ store, some of the non slip rubbery stuff they use for under rugs. I cut it into pieces to be used under each persons sewing machine to keep it from vibrating or slipping. You'll have SEW much fun-- but watch out Time flys!!!