Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 PM
mjpEncinitas

More excellent suggestions. These are all newbies so we will definitely discuss rotary cutter safety.

I'm setting up the cutting/ironing table in another room along with an extra ironing board and iron.

I'm going shopping Thursday, after tennis, with Sara, the only one who will needs supplies and doesn't have them. Whatever we aren't able to get at JAF (near tennis) I'll give her a list for the quilt shop. Sara brings freezer paper. My out of town guest, Mary is going to raid my stash for her project and I think that will suffice.

Definitely drink bottles with lids.

I organized the surge protectors and will label the cords. Since I am supplying three of the machines I can do this ahead of time.

The two machines I use for quilting have great lights but my little singer isn't quite as good but that will only be used by a half dayer for general repairs. Very good ceiling lights. My husband is oiling the singer before hand. One of my friends is bringing her sewing machine and my husband or I will help her clean it and oil it.

I like the idea of a garbage bag and a tray by each person.

and of course our phones with cameras will be out so we can take pictures.

quiltingbuddy you're a much better hostess than I am. I'm not going to give gifts. Frankly I'll be happy if I get everything reasonably organized before they come, it is a little overwhelming. I know I can count on them to help me if I'm not quite ready. My tennis buddy has already given ME a gift, She surprised me with the skirt we wear to play league in the fall. After I thanked her, I told her she should probably have waited until I actually helped her with the t-shirt quilt.

Thanks everyone.