View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:29 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Question Bad Mistake I can't fix now.

I generally make a baby blanket for my co-workers that are expecting. That is a lot being as I worked at WalMart for 16 years. One of our Customer Service Managers was expecting her first baby. I wanted to wait until she knew the sex before I made the blanket. Low and behold she was going to have twin girls. WOW. Now it was two blankets not one. She wanted the colors purple, green and yellow (bright shades) and she wanted vintage Winnie the Pooh fabric. I wasn't thrilled with the colors but did come up with vintage Winnie the Pooh fabric in my stash. The first one went together ok but it wasn't easy for me. Also the first time I did flange binding. It looks a little crooked in the picture (also getting used to a smart phone after using a flip phone for years) but it is straight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553466[/ATTACH] Did the second one and I made the colors opposite from the first one. In the meantime, the babies were born 9 weeks premature. I finished both of the quilts and then quilted them. They are quilted in a close meandering design. Never saw the mistake I made on the second one until I was taking the picture. (pictures are not too good but it is what it is)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553467[/ATTACH]

The only way I know I could correct it is to take the entire quilt apart. I talked to the Mom about it (She is an amateur quilter and so am I apparently) and she said "It is fine. I love the creator and know they will love the blankets. The 'redesign' of the star that you did will make it more special"

What do you think?
Open for criticism and suggestions for correction. Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails twin-baby-blanket.jpg   twins-baby-blanket-2.jpg