View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Edie

You shouldn't have any trouble at all. The Bear Paw is made up of squares and half-square triangles. Make your block 12" and go with your measuring of the blocks, making sure that each square is 1/2" larger and the 1/2 square triangles are 3/4" larger (I am not totally positive on that, but I do know you need the 1/4" on all sides when you sew it together to end up with a 12" block. I love the Bear Paw. I made a barn quilt for my sister's log cabin and she has it hung by the back door. Looks sweet......not only can we sew, we can paint also!!!!!! I have a star over the garage door and I get compliments on it.

For anyone in the least bit interested, Menard's has a little fence with a quilt block on it - it is a star and square pattern made out of "antiquated" metal. I made a little fence around an area I have on the side of the house. They were on sale for $9.99. It is called Rustic Quilt Border Edge - rust finish 21" high, 24" wide - #171-3369. You can google it. It is really sweet. Edie. (PS You can google it!)