View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:26 PM
mac

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I have the clover mini iron and HATE it. I burned myself on it several times before I finally quit using it. I think it's poorly designed - for ME, at least.

I got the Dritz Petite Press and loved it so much, I bought a backup for myself and a couple for friends.

It has 4 heat settings and gets very hot on the highest one. It has an adjustable head, so you can adjust it for your comfort level. It has a sturdy stand. It has an auto shut-off at 60 minutes, which is WAY more generous than most irons.

You can purchase it at Joann's, and the good news is they consider it a "notion" and NOT an "iron", so when they put their "notions" wall on sale, guess what. The discount applies!

demonstration
Thanks for the information and adding the demonstration link. I have never seen this iron and will be looking for it the next time Joann's has a sale.

I have the Clover mini iron, and I have to agree with most of the comments on how easy it is to burn yourself many times. I purchased the special cover and stand that they sell and I really can't recommend it. The mug or mason jar ideas would be a much better thing to use. Wish I would have thought of it when I was trying to use my iron. I finally gave up on it when it slid off of the special cover without me realizing it and it burned a hole in my plastic carrying tote box. I just couldn't figure out where that funny smell was coming from.

So, instead, the Clover mini iron as been relegated to the drawer with all of the other things that I thought was a great idea when I bought it, but found unusable for one reason or another.