View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 11:16 AM
charlottequilts

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Basting will secure those bias edges....but the problem in my mind is that those setting triangles were incorrectly created and pieced onto that top. I have always cut that square ( whatever size needed), then cut the two diagonals, but the outside straight of grain of that square is what is the edge of the top. The bias cuts I created with those two diagonals are sewed onto the blocks that are on point, corners done with hsts.
Hi, Geri - The quilt as assembled in long, diagonal rows. The two sides of the right triangles fit into the ends of each row. The bottom sat against the 4-patch next to it, and the side was against the last block in the next row. It wouldn't have fit the other way, as the bias side was one size and the two other sides were another. One by One's suggestion of the interfacing on a roll would stabilize them, but I'd also bet there's another way to cut them. Hope this makes sense. They were isosceles triangles.

hugs,
Charlotte

Last edited by charlottequilts; 07-11-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: attempted clarity