Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Watching the young orioles fight over the nectar feeder...they are so clumsy, too. One can't seem to find the opening and is searching all over the feeder ...they sing so lovely...meanwhile the hummers are dive bombing as they pass by...lol doesn't take much to entertain me some days..
Good to hear that rain has fallen, QNS...we have gotten adequate moisture th is summer..in fact the last field of hay has gotten washed twice now, which lowers feed quality...if it gets too wet it doesn't dry out and turns into a rotten mess..it's a real bummer when you have to go in and chop it back onto the ground. If you leave it in rows (swathes) it will smother the hay underneath and you don't get regrowth.

Have the 5th row sewn and the first 4 sewn together...yeah 2 more to go...also have the narrow brown border pieced...waiting on the outer border to see how wide I can go with what I have...this is a stash quilt...the sashing is also the backing, bought when Wal-Mart had decent fabrics on flat folds years ago...I know I moved it from the old house 9 years ago...so time to use it up.

Better move..work at noon, so better get something done beforehand.