View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 05:08 AM
dinlauren

I have sold and bought on CL and so far no issues. Small items I always meet in public places such as Starbuck's. For larger things, such as when I bought a cabinet and some shelves (different places) not only did I need a bigger vehicle, but "protection" so my brother, sil and niece joined me with the pickup. Worked out fine in every situation and I only gave cash...as that is what I only expect. When I sold a bedroom set and mattress, however, the lady came to my home by herself and my friend hadn't arrived yet. I did let her in and she tried out the mattress, looked things over and agreed to buy it. I should have taken the $$ then. But she called her son who didn't live too far away and they loaded it up in his truck, then she hands me the $$ and says...this is all I have and was short by about $30! It was NON-NEGOTIABLE and basically she ripped me off! I'm glad it was only by $30 but I'm sure she wouldn't have had it unloaded and returned to me. She knew exactly what she was doing. I was in such shock I couldn't open my mouth. Lesson learned!! Also, my friend never did show up and the lady plunked herself down in my rocking chair to wait for her son!!!! The NERVE! Again, I was shocked! So in my experience, it had not been TERRIBLE, but definitely have protection with you in the form of another person or two, maybe take a picture of the person while they are walking to your door or checking out the treadle, and be sure they do NOT WAIT IN YOUR HOUSE FOR HELP TO COME! That was so uncomfortable...I wish you well on your sale.