View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 06:52 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

We have a paper called the "ADSACK". DH and I sold a futon many years ago. It was so heavy and got a call. Made sure DH was home. 2 trucks showed up full with 8 people. We only allowed 2people inside. One of the others outside wanted to see what else we had. we told them nothing. We were firm on the price. A little kid about 5 ran inside so I grabbed him and said he couldn't come in. Next thing I know an older guy walks in straight back to the kitchen and through the hall like a circle but still I got angry. I yelled for DH who told the guy to get out. The woman says I only have $60.00. DH told her and the rest of them to just leave now. I shook like a leaf after they left. Not so much because I was scared, I was downright mad. The next day we sat a few things on the curb and a guy who has stopped by often and always asks for sure if it's free was loading up his truck. DH asked him if he was interested in a futon. He and his wife were looking for a futon mattress for under $100.00. We showed him ours. we got our full price and he got a full outfit frame and mattress. I threw in the sheets that fit. Told him the heaviest person to ever sleep on it weighed about 150# and that was only for 3 nights. Now we let him know what we're going to set on the curb if he wants it. Will never go through CL to sell again or our local ADSACK. I will purchase but not sell and still exercise caution every time.