View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:04 AM
GramE

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
That gallery is so inspirational. I love the layouts and border treatments in addition to the gorgeous blocks you all have created.

How do you all decide which block you want to put together? I'm already agonizing over whether or not a fat eighth will be enough for the blocks I'd like to do. I fear cutting and then finding the oops. Do any of you select one block style and then do that block pattern for all the BOOM?
I think I own the trademark on oops! Or it seemed so last boom when I was the newbie! Boomerangswap was the most fun I've had in a long time. I have a wall board so I put all the fabrics up & looked at them all the time. Some spoke to me right away, some whispered & I did't hear them until all the rest were done. Some I started one direction & finished totally different because the first idea didn't come together. Matching fabrics to pattern & pattern to fabric. I made several blocks more than once because I had an oops or two. Try perusing QuiltersCache.com. Or use your go to blocks that you have experience in making. Idea overload many days for me!

Have fun.