View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 AM
letawellman

Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
Foust Textiles during there two open weekends each year (February and August) in Kings Mountain NC - You can buy whole bolts for $3-5 per yard. They do have some prefolds they sell by the pound and I figured out after I got home in February that they ended up less than $2 per yard. I am hitting that section first in August!

Marshall Dry Goods

Hancocks of Paducah

Honestly I live 30-45 minutes from MaryJos in Gastonia and it is just not what it used to be. A much lower level of quilt fabric inventory and higher prices since MaryJo turned the business over to her kids. I have a friend who was friends with MJ and MJ's goal was to not charge more than 30% over wholesale to keep quilting affordable. Now they charge at least 100% over wholesale. They clearanced out a lot of the old fabric and no longer have scrap bins. If I were very close I would stop if I had nothing else to do, but wouldn't make a trip out of it!
luvspaper, I have to agree with you that Mary Jo's is NOT the same as it used to be!! Since her son took over, the bargains just are not there. I used to live less than a mile from there, and I still pass it every day on my commute. I don't make any "special trips" there anymore. I'll be going soon, just to get my row-by-row kit, and drool over the multi-needle embroidery machine, but it's not a "regular visit" for me anymore.