View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM
imagirlgeek

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
I would not quilt it less than what the batting recommends. It only takes one time through the wash to bunch up the batting (might last more, but you know how I know). Hobb's is a fantastic batting. It's what I use for hand quilting because it provides great definition.

You'll need the foundation quilting that I drew out in any case. I'd start with that & see how you do. One option would be to go back in after the foundation work is done & use a smoke colored monofilament on top & the same grey cotton in your bobbin as before & quilt in between with the mono so you get enough quilting. That's probably what I'd recommend. You want to be sure to buy a POLYESTER mono as it is more flexible than nylon.
I read a lot about batting, and put my hands on different kinds at 2 different local stores before I actually bought. Hobbs had the best consistent reviews. Nice to have my choice validated by someone with experience with it.

I've never used monofilament thread. I just did a quick search and looks like either Sulky or Superior Threads are my choices for polyester. Do you know which would be the better choice? It looks like they are similar in price...a dollar difference for the same amount.