Old 07-16-2016, 04:55 AM
Karamarie

Default What is your best quilt project made by repurposing or recycling item

I often read posts about using used items for making a part or all of a quilt. It would be interesting to hear about or see some of these projects. I often "repurpose" items in my quilting. My favorite and most frugal is I bought a very gently used pair of lined nursery print panels. I took the white lining off and made 2 baby quilt tops from the print panels. I pieced batting together and again used gently used toddler sheets for the backing. I FMQ the layers together. I cut up the white lining into 10 1/2 inch squares and am now using them for the backing of string blocks using up my basketful of strip pieces. During the process I am using up odds and ends of spool and bobbin thread. This has been fun - after all, that is how quilting began - using what you already have. The two baby quilts I made were donated to our local Santa's Helper" program at Christmas time. It was a very satisfying project.

if you have any stories of how you "repurpose" to make quilts, please share them as I think it makes for interesting reading. Thanks