View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:10 AM
imagirlgeek

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I use YLI monofilament thread on most of my quilts. I'd rather have the fabric be the star of the quilt than a contrasting thread color. It also hides imperfect quilting stitches. I always use it for stitch in the ditch. Using a walking foot for straight lines is a lot easier than free motion quilting which takes many hours of practice to master.
I think I'm going to order a few different options of the mono thread. YLI, Sulky, and Superior Threads. Maybe get a mix of clear and smoke. You can never have too much thread, right? I have boxes and boxes and boxes of thread, but never seem to have exactly what I need for any given project. Funny how that works.

I played with my walking foot last night and I'm really impressed with how well it worked! I still need to get my tension exactly right though. It looks like that will be my next challenge. My top tension is too tight, I think. But I didn't want to mess with it too much until the actual thread I will be using gets here.

They make the free motion sewing look so easy!! I am interested in free motion embroidery...I love how that looks. But it is going to take a lot of practice. The ladies online just glide through, making these beautiful stitches...my attempts looks like I'm writing blindfolded with my left hand (I'm right-handed). haha