Old 07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Thanks Ya'll. He had decided to go back to school to become a nurse but his A&P prophesier insisted that he talk to a someone in charge of the nursing/medical studies. When he got there this was the program they wanted him to apply for. And to think 5 or 6 months ago he was laid off & didn't know what he was gonna do.
Wow... that is awesome. We are always in need of dr.s and nurses. So will he be obligated to work for a while at the county hospital, to pay back his tuition? I think those are great programs!

Well girls, I have 7 rows of a row x row quilt completed! I am waiting on one more pattern to come in the mail. I think that will be my last... or I might squeak a 9th pattern in there. I don't think there are many "winners" around here yet, so I may win a prize if I hurry up and complete it. Hey, better get those license plates in the mail to me, so I can put them in my quilt!

This last row had hundreds of pieces (not applique nor paper pieced) to build Graceland. Whew. Like one of our 1930's blocks on steroids!

When I finish this quilt I'd like to do some of the pretty row patterns I have from 2015... maybe 4 of them in a wall hanging for my sewing area. There were some real beauties last year. This year I don't like probably 90% of the row patterns. My favorite state is Alaska for the most beautiful patterns.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday rest.