View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 12:13 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Many of you probably know me from other swaps... I've been on the board for years. Don't know how I resisted BOOM for so long.

I've also been sewing since I was a child. Started playing with a godzilla finished Kenmore machine as soon as I discovered it inside 'that table in Mom's room'. Then, at ten, I practically took up residence in Mom's room at the sewing machine. Mom was no help... Dad bought the machine for her when they first got married and used it to recover some couch cushions. Mom never took to sewing. So I'm self-taught.

Sewing has always been my only marketable skill. I have made all kinds of clothing and costumes, and altered everything up to wedding gowns. I pretty much HATE clothing now and almost exclusively quilt... except when someone needs a shirt, usually me.

I quilt a little for my Etsy shop and craft shows, but the bulk of my work is charity quilting. I belong to a great charity group and we make an impressive amount of quilts (collectively) for hospital patients and children in shelters. I love it.

Right now I'm into the Row by Row thing, and also plodding along on a 1930's Farmer's Wife quilt, with the FW group here.

I also knit and crochet and hand embroider.