View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Billi

I'm Billi, I'm married and have 2 adult daughters. I live in southern Ca where it never snows.....hint hint Kass, and my husband has recently retired.

My mother was a professional seamstress and all of us kids grew up in her workroom helping out. I always had something going till the late 90's for a variety of reasons I put all my toys away I thought I was over it till 3-4 years ago I caught the itch again.

I never call myself a quilter because only thing I have ever quilted is a pot holder or two. I do love making quilt blocks and tops. I just figure the price of having my things quilted as part of the cost of the hobby I love. My first Boom I saw as a nice way to meet people and experience and learn something new. I thought 1 and done.... hahahahahaha this is number 5 for me and I am already looking for fabric for boom 18. I love the challenge of using fabrics I would not choose for myself, trying to see your vision and making something we can both be proud of. I also like taking the beautiful blocks made for me in ways I would not think to do and turning them into a quilt. I have learned a lot and have become a better "not a quilter" because of the booms.

That deep dark place called appliqué that some of you shy away from is one of my favorite techniques to use it's one of the few ways I can get what I see in my head to a quilt block, and be sure it will be exactly the size I need.

My sewing room is a work in progress and you are all welcome to join me in the chaos. There is an extra chair you'll just have to move a stack of fabric or project box or two. Look out for my 2 shadows Emma and Gambit they follow me everywhere. I still can't figure out why they come into the sewing room as often as I have stepped on and tripped over them you would think that they would learn to stay clear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554120[/ATTACH]

I Speak snark and sarcasm fluently and my language and humor both tend to be just south of appropriate so I do occasionally find myself having to censor or explain myself. I apologize in advance for that.

I am a sports fan love my Padres and my chargers
Attached Thumbnails emma-gambit.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 07-17-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: words are hard