View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 04:14 PM
ibex94

Thank you for the clarification a few pages ago. I'm getting my groovy on. My name is Juana. I am addicted to fabric. I love piecing tops. I've never finished a quilt. I don't consider the acrylic lap throws quilts but I have done tons of those. I love hand sewing so much more than machine sewing but am practicing with machine sewing because I may actually quilt one of my flimsies if I get more accomplished with my machine sewing. I want a Bernina so I can embroider some of my own designs into the quilts. I may not sew much but I bought a treadle machine so I could sew if there is no electricity (thank you Hurricane Katrina). I have a zigzag Necchi, because I lost my mother's Necchi in the flood generated by the failure of the levees in New Orleans. I also have a Singer sewing machine from Sam's purchased immediately after I was a refugee from Katrina in Mississippi. Sewing kept me sane in the Katrina aftermath.

I have been piecing since I was a little girl. I have two great grandmothers that quilted up a storm. One really loved piecing and one really loved the sewing bees when everyone gathered to quilt the flimsies. I have considered getting a PhD in quilting from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, just so I can study fabric more. My dh is greatly amused by my fabric purchases as are my two grown sons. My granddaughters love all the Dora the Explorer and Minnie Mouse fabric I've been picking out lately. Coasters and Pillowcases are the rage in my house at the moment. This quiltingboard has been wonderful inspiration for many years and it has only been recently that I have fully participated. I am working on a PhD in geography, but like my quilts, I do great with the planning stage but the finish is lacking. I need to write my dissertation proposal and all I am doing is playing with fabrics, lol. I tell myself that my mind is processing while I relax with the quilting.

Thank you all for being so inclusive of newbies. Peace and Love. Far out.
Attached Thumbnails peace-love.jpg