View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 06:51 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Cannot say I enjoyed seeing it nor was I impressed. In their newest shop, you sign in with your email on either side of the walls, then pick it up from the front cashier. Too commercial for me, like a tourist trap. Stood in line for better than forty minutes to make a small purchase. If you chose one piece and want to match it in another, you must pay for it first before going on to next store...quilt shop. The whole town is quilt shops. American Patches and quilting magazine featured on article on the town and Jenny Doan. People were friendly and the food was good. Guess I like the less traveled back roads. Cameron shop was excellent and Jamesport,Mo., Amish shop, too. Would love to see the Amish quilt shop in the middle of Indiana, also featured in the magazine mentioned. And at Branson, Mo., is also another big quilt shop listed in the magazine.

Amish Colonies in Iowa feature two wonderful quilt shops. West Des Moines, Iowa have four wonderful quilt shops. Quilt Block, At the Heart of Quilting, Fireside, and Creekside QS has over 5000 bolts to selection quilt material. And Newton, Iowa, has the Crazy RedHead QS with ware house sale twice a year. (five or six dollars a yard!) No thanks, no trips to Hamilton are in my plans.