View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 06:10 PM
hoprigmom

I love Jenny's tutorials, but I don't think I will ever get there unless its on my way to another destination. Since retirement, I have to really watch my pocketbook. I have a small quilt shop about 20 miles from here, and the owner stocks a variety of fabrics. She has quite a few of her bolts arranged by color, then she has a section of batiks, some flannels, a section of Christmas fabrics, and some basics. On three display areas, she has samples made up for upcoming holidays and the latest patterns out. She has a BOM for a small fee and teaches special techniques for that block. She is a great teacher for the beginner quilter. It is sad because she has been having a problem with one of her eyes and she is older than me. I will hate it when she has to give up the shop. I try to support her by shopping there as much as I can. She does keep her prices in line and she stocks quality fabric.

Jenny has built up her business and has provided that area with many jobs for the local people. The jobs may not be the highest paid, but the people don't have to drive far. This has been an economic miracle for this town with all the empty buildings.