Thread: A question
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My mother kept everything. When she and my dad moved, she gave me a box of all the horse show ribbons I won as a teen. I was in my 30's and really had no interest in them. I looked thru them, laughed about some, remembered some good times and chucked them all in the trash. I won them. I knew I won them. I didn't have to have the ribbon to remember that. Some day when I retire and don't have an office with huge shelves in it, I'll probably box up my car show trophies and get rid of some of them. Nobody really wants most of the stuff. Trophies are plastic now and not made well like my dad's 300 game bowling trophy that no one wanted and I took and still have on the mantle.
I agree with your mother. I kept all my son's medals and ribbons and now that he is deceased they are in a treasured scrap book and I cannot imagine having disposed of them! Your ribbons may seem like junk to you but mothers are like that, and in my case I am twice glad I saved things.

As for the show ribbon... I'd say it belongs to the quilt maker, along with a picture of the quilt, the quilt show program and perhaps a note with the recipients name- to be put in a scrap book. The recipient gets the quilt and a quilt show program with the ribbon winner's name listed in it.