View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 10:26 AM
quiltsRfun

I like either the west or south entrances. The south entrance takes you through Jackson Hole. The west is really close to West Yellowstone, a town in Montana where we usually stay. I recommend the walking tour around the Old Faithful geyser basin. Check at the visitor center for eruption times of the various geysers in that area. And don't forget to visit the Old Faithful lodge/hotel. You could spend a whole day in the Old Faithful area alone. At the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, try Uncle Tom's Trail. It takes you down to the level of the falls. It's a stairway of I think about 300+ stairs.

As far snake as bears and snakes, i don't think you need to worry. I've never seen a snake. Bears are not as common as they were in years past. Pay attention to the trail notices. They'll let you know if there are any bears in the area. Buffalos seem to be more common these days and you should keep plenty of distance from them.

Yellowstone is one of my most favorite places. It was a family vacation spot when I was growing up and I've since introduced it to my children and grandchildren. My best advice is to give yourself plenty of time to take in all the wonders of Yellowstone. There's no other place on earth quite like it.

Last edited by quiltsRfun; 07-20-2016 at 10:29 AM.