View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 05:42 PM
retiredteacher09

Default Pins, pins, and more pins!

I volunteer for two different groups and one person in each group knows that I will take unfinished tops and finish them.

A few weeks ago I was given a small bag with 4" squares in it. The note with it said 10 across, 12 down; some sewn. Ok. I understood the meaning but I couldn't figure out why there were pins in some of the squares. I took the finished vertical row and the partially finished vertical row and put them up on my design wall. Then I added the next group of blocks and still was wondering why there were pins in the top block. This row had an extra square in it that must have stuck to the back of another square so I set it aside and continued with the pattern I could see developing. Then I came to another block with pins in it.

Suddenly, it hit me!! Someone had used the pins to mark all the top blocks for the 10 vertical rows! Yes, there were 10 small, almost headless pins in the 4" top block of row 10! Lol!

I realized I used to do this to my horizontal rows when I started quilting but I usually only did 5 rows or so at the same time. How quickly I forgot!

I'm thankful none of the pins had rusted and when I ran an iron over the fabric, the holes did close up.

If you look closely at the top rows, you can see some of the pins reflecting the light.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554352[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg