View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 03:49 AM
Edie

Thumbs up

Yoou could make a sampler quilt. Google Quilter's Cache and there are all kinds of sampler patterns and sizes to make them. I would pick out the samplers to match this young man - I make one size 52x80=15 blocks = 3 across x 5 down---2-1/2" sashing and a 4-1/2" border. Very simple, very easy. Or you could make a larger quilt 106x92=35 blocks =5 across x 7 down ---2-1/2" sashing and 4-1/2" border. Every block is different, but it all blends together. Then while you make each one, you can write a little book - headlines from the newspaper, what the particular block meant to you and why you put it in the quilt,, what is going on with the family, all kinds of things, a little saying like "By all means, let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out." Or "I am so confused I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse". One of my favorites is "Whatever you are -- Be a good one!". I hope this will help you. I have made many a quilt and have done the sampler, the book and it will be treasured. Good luck to you.

Edie

Last edited by Edie; 07-21-2016 at 03:53 AM.