Old 07-21-2016, 05:07 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Sewbiz--

May I ask the burning question? What was the shockingly disappointing prize?

I'm so sorry that happened, but I do want to congratulate you on your win!
Thanks... the fat quarters is non-negotiable. Each shop must give 25 fqs as a prize. In my case, they pulled out some dregs from old store stock. It was a bundle, so all the fabrics match each other. Old, not current fabric. The tag on the bundle was so shopworn the price sticker was all faded out.. looked like it had been on the shelf for at least 10 years. So, technically they provided the 25 fat quarters... but YUCK. It looks like florals from the 90's... old wallpaper in pastels. I think it must have come out before I started quilting as I didn't remember it.

Then, the wonderful 'store prize' was 3 little plastic notions. Silly things, like "peels" that wrap around a spool of thread. One was a marking pen. One was some little clips. Other shops give a $50 gift certificate or an additional 25 fqs. Why not give your best? Why palm off the dregs? I was telling another shop owner today, and she said that unfortunately this was not the first story she had heard like this. That's too bad. I think it's time to write to the RxR leadership.

There. I said it.