Thread: Oh!My!Gosh!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:37 PM
nanac

Default Oh!My!Gosh!!!!

Went to an estate auction, which I don't normally do. They had several lots of fabric. Although probably the last thing I need is more fabric, I bid on one lot. It was a "take one, take all" deal. I spent $47.50, and ended up with 7 boxes of fabric, one tote filled with sheets and pillowcases, and one tote that appeared to be bits and pieces. I
When I got it home, there are 4 lengths of fabric (burgundies and dusky pinks) that are each easily 3 yds each. There are 10 appliqued sunflower blocks that are about 10x12. There are multiple pieced blocks of different patterns, and 14 Dresden plates on cream colored muslin. There are many 1/4-1/2 yard lengths of different prints. I'd guess there is easily 50-60 yards, total. There are also several small bags of cardboard pattern pieces, but I haven't tried to put any of them together to figure out what the pattern will look like.
But the best surprise was when I got to the bottom of the "scraps" tote. I found about 1/2 a bolt of quality muslin, and 3(!!) pieced tops - all stars. One is a log cabin type in Blue and White, with red accent stars. One is a simple 8-point star, with green sashing; the stars appear to be appliqued with a big black running stitch, and may possibly be made of feedsack fabric. The third one is a blue and white Hunter's star.
I am going to wash all the fabric, and when I get it all clean and organized, I will (try to) post pictures. This is just amazing to me that so much love went into these, and they ended up being sold at auction for literally pennies.