View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Judith1005

Ladies, BettyJ, has reminded me several times about the stiffer felt. Used for the middle of your postcards. So today, I went and bought a sheet at JoAnns. I bought 1 sheet of 12 x 18 stiff white felt. It is regularly 2.49. I used a coupon for 40% off. (That's what I had right now.) So, 1.49 for one sheet.

This is what it looks like before you cut it.

I'm not sure if you can see the thickness or not. Here it is on "edge". It's plenty thick enough and very light weight.

I was able to cut 8 pieces of 4 x 6. So, enough for 8 postcards.

This is all the waste I had. And, truly, I will use the 2 slightly bigger pieces for something else. Or, even piece them together like batting. And, when I have enough pieces, I will trim it to postcard size.

Right now, the regular 8 x 11 pieces are 3 for .99. I do NOT know if this is for the stiffened felt as well. Here's a link to JoAnn Fabrics. For a multi pack of multi color stiffened felt, It is on sale for 8.24 for 12 sheets. I do not know if they sell just white sheets. This is what came up when I put in "stiffened felt" in the search engine. http://www.joann.com/stiffened-9inx1...prd821383.html

Just some additional info in case you were interested. Maybe next time I buy peltex, I will price compare the two and figure out how many postcards I can cut out of 1 yard. I never buy this without a coupon or a great sale price. So, it would be interesting to know.

Last edited by Judith1005; 07-22-2016 at 07:03 AM.