View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Lostn51
Banned

I have 60 acres in north central Nevada and the taxes for it are $26 a year. My property in middle TN is 98 acres with a 4200sqft home on it is $1800 a year, its listed as a farm but there is only about 5 acres that is flat enough to farm the rest is hills and ridges. And the home that I live in all the time they set me back $4800 a year but I am on a full acre and I have a nice 3000 sqft home in a good area.

Everything I own is paid for so I have to write the checks for the taxes each year and I really do not like it at all but what can you do?

I am however going to get the taxes lowered on my property in middle TN by half by going to a land management plan for my timber thats on it. They have been strip cutting the timber out of the area since the unemployment rate shot through the roof so the state wants to try and to keep the land management at bay. And since its listed as a farm (LOL) I can get a pay check from the state not to farm the acreage that I could not farm if i had too.

I am fixing to move up to the middle TN property this summer after my daughter graduates and gets ready to go to LSU and I am going to sell this house to my little sister. At least then I can save a few dollars on taxes but I have to build a shop so I can do my paint and bodywork so there goes some more money I dont want to spend. But I will be in the most beautiful area and I do not have to worry about crime and the hustle and bustle of the big city!!

Billy