View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:59 AM
kathyathome

Default Quilting distance

I am using Fairfield Soft N Crafty 80/20 and can't get an answer from the company. On the package quilting distance is 2" to 4". I have rectangles along my border measuring 2" x 6". Do I have to quilt more than in the ditch around these rectangles? I've asked Fairfield if the distance is from any given point or if the distance given is for one direction only but haven't gotten any response. I believe it might be called channel quilting when one distance might be very long (as in a plain border that is 2" wide x length of quilt). Has anyone gotten a definitive answer from a reliable source about this? I see a lot of opinions on forums, but I'm after an answer someone has gotten from the horse's mouth so to speak. OR if you've made a quilt using this batting and left lengths of fabric such as I described unquilted, and the quilt is holding up well after multiple washings, I'd like to know that. I realize this batting isn't a favorite of seasoned quilters, but I've used it and now I'm quilting it and need to know if I can leave lengths of fabric unquilted as long as they are quilted with lines no more than 4" apart in one direction. Hope I've explained this adequately. Thanks everybody.