View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 03:26 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
This is a terrific quilt! You got some wonderful patterns. I've been mostly disappointed in the ones I've seen so far this year. That is a clever way to incorporate the license plates, too. Did you use the kits the shops sold, or were these your own fabrics?

Leslie
Hi Leslie, Five of my rows were made with kits because I wanted the same fabrics that were used in the samples. Shrewd shop owners know they will sell their kits if they use specialty fabrics! Three were with my own fabrics. The Graceland row was not a kit... I just bought some of the special Elvis fabric because you have to have it. I had enough solid colors to go with it for the rest of the row.

I was disappointed in designs this year too. Most of the ones from shops I could travel to were not rows I would want in my quilt. I could have finished a quilt a long time ago if I was willing to use anything, but I only wanted rows I LOVED in my quilt. So some came from friends far away who got them for me. And I did a lot of driving! I'm already looking forward to seeing what is designed next year.