View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 03:17 AM
Bobbielinks

I love how so many of us worked at anything we could get. Maybe that too is our creative side. First job I had was mowing yards and cleaning houses for neighbors at the age of 10. At 11 my family moved to a farm and I milked 2 old cows every morning and night, milking by hand and selling the milk. I had to keep records of how many pounds of milk I had each day so I could be paid for it at the end of the month. I picked up walnuts each fall and added that money to my savings account. Married right after high school and worked tinting photos for a photo studio - a job that I could do at home. Used oil paints and dacron wrapped around a toothpick. Worked for Teters Floral putting together artificial flower wreath. Worked for Zenith TV corporation before it moved to Mexico where I inserted 17 tiny parts while the chasis moved down the convertor belt. Worked as a legal secretary, learned as I worked, for 7 years. Loved that job!!! But the attorney moved to another county and I was offered a job at a local bank so took it. Worked my way up in the Bank from filing checks to assistant vice president. Took every class that I could take (if I made a passing grade the bank would pay for the class. For the last 16 years I have had my own professional machine quilting business - the very best business of them all!!! What is that 9 jobs in 57 years? From every one of them I learned many lessons. But the one lesson that means the most to me is that I love working with people and I love challenges.