View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 03:14 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Sandygirl on this board made the professional tote http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t270227.html
correct...I made mine last summer. The photo does not show the wooden beads that I added to the Paracord I used on the side pockets. But I digress.

Question.....why do you want to make it larger? The pattern was originally written in 2003. It was designed to carry a laptop computer. ( laptops were larger back then) IMHO it is a large tote as it is. I will pass on altering the size of the pattern and proofing your dimensions. I am sure that others will love to tackle this. . ( keep in mind that This tote will get heavier as you enlarge it.)

The pattern is one of the best written purse patterns I have used. The pieces fit like a puzzle! I tackled this project in stages. The prep work is time consuming but once you get the pieces labeled, cut out, fused, etc....the construction goes fairly quickly, BUT, again, I worked on each section at 2 hour intervals. This is a 12 page pattern and there are detailed instructions. This was my most "challenging" technique-rich purse/tote that I have ever made. The result was worth it!

I do suggest that you stick to the original pattern and make one first. Then think about if you want to adjust the size.

I look forward to seeing your finished project. Read the directions carefully and take your time!
sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 07-26-2016 at 03:20 AM.