Thread: New! Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:11 AM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by blahel
to all your computer savvy people out there..i have a question..we have a windows computer that we are having problems with. My question is we have been thinking of getting a Mac..what are the pros and cons? we have always had windows so would it be difficult to learn to use the Mac? Would there be problems say if I am sending an email from a Mac to a Windows computer?
When my computer started giving me tons of problems last year, and was looking to buy a new one, I researched which company to go with and decided on an iMac. I would NEVER go back to PC again. I love my iMAc!!!!! :thumbup:

I have only been using a computer for almost 5 yrs and found it pretty easy to use the Mac. There is a little bit of a learning curve but only because you have to learn the alternate name for the things that you are already familiar with (ex. Explorer is called Safari, etc). There are a lot of good Mac's for Dummies type of book out there to help with the process.

There is a program on the Mac that allows the use of Windows programs. I haven't used it yet but I believe it's called the Bridge.

If you are interested in seeing how the iPad works, here is the video that Apple sent to me in an email:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/?cid=CDM-U...0009044-&sr=em