Thread: Oh!My!Gosh!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 07:46 AM
nanac

UPDATE: I have now washed about 2/3 of the fabric, and am surprised each time. I now have 71 yards of fabric, most in 2-3 yard lengths, although there are some lengths as long as 6 yards. There are 19 sheets, and 10 50x50 'decorator fabric' squares. There is a red fabric that easily has 8-9 yards, a half a bolt of quality muslin ( end of bolt says 96 inches wide). There are 2 6-yard lengths of WOW fabric, and several strips of fabric that look like they may have been intended as bag handles, and all of them have "Vera Bradley" written at intervals on the pattern.
In one box, I found a 4 1/2 inch acrylic square, and another square that is 8 1/2 inches. There is a 12-in square fiskars turntable cutting board, and a tri-recs set still in the package. There is also a fiskars rotary cutter, which needs a new blade, but I can manage to buy replacement blades, lol.
There is a small box that was inside another box, that has 30 hand-sewn 9-patch blocks in repro fabrics, and enough strips partially sewn, to make another 30 blocks. There are 65 various colored hearts for applique that the edges are already basted, so I am guessing that the lady was going to alternate the 9-patch with the heart blocks. If not, that's what I am planning to do with them.
I promised all the orphan blocks to JustaBitCrazy, and will be offering a lot of the other material here on the Board. At this time, I have spent about 40 cents/yard for what I have, but that will likely go down, as I finish counting up the rest. I still have 4 more boxes to go through, and that paltry price does not even include the 3 finished quilt tops, or the notions that I found in the bottom of the one box. All in all, I am very happy with this deal.