Old 07-27-2016, 08:31 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Mary, Honchey is leading us thourgh the third book of Laura Aaron Hird's quilt books. This is the third one that we have done together called The Farmer's Wife 1930. It is available at most quilt shops or Amazon. It is collected stories and quilt blocks from the reading of stories in the Farmer's Wife Magazine from 1919 to about 1933 that she has put together. Most are using the reproduction fabric of the era, but a few wild cards like myself are using what ever I want too. Yes, we paper piece most of them...but not all, depending upon the block. The book comes with a CD with; the blocks, templates and paper piece patterns. There are 99 blocks, so we are three weeks from the finish line, but you can began anytime and access this site by week that we did two per week. Hope that clears up the story behind what we are doing. Ask whatever questions you want and someone will answer them. Our main 'chat' site is the Pony Club discussion page that we have almost finished with. Mine is at the LA place waiting its turn to be quilted. That was the second book of Ms. Hird. The first was the Farmer's Wife Sample Quilt.