Thread: Inspiration
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:05 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I wasn't sure what to answer in the first one, but immediately thought of Jinny Beyer's block book for the answer to #2....it was also on my list for ?#1. My other choice would be one on color selection...no particular book in mind, but one that would help to expand her/his sense of color and how value can be used in creating quilts... the JB book is done in black and white illustrations and could also be a good reference for value, but it doesn't go beyond light, dark and medium and lacks the interplay of colors.

I work in an LQS and see so many quilters afraid to experiment on their own and let kits and fabric companies decide their color choices....and then the gal that comes in and says "I'm going to paint my bedroom seafoam green and help me find fabrics to go with it and gray". What a fun time as I search for different fabrics in different collections for her to approve or reject...she didn't buy, but now she know what's in the shop and she has an idea of where to start. She had left her color inspiration at home and will be back with it....I hope I'm working the day she is...