View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 05:25 AM
Janice McC

Congratulations, Letawellman on your UFO finish. We look forward to seeing your pic but in the meantime, I'll add yours into the mini-challenge (and regular July) finishes! Toot, Toot!

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
Love your quilts, SheriR!! They're ALL just beautiful!

We're all having fun this month getting some finishes done, and ta-dah!! I have one too. I'll post the pics later, but the "flimsy" that is my avatar is my July UFO finish! I had hoped to get more done, but my sewing room doesn't have A/C, so my quilting has to be done either late at night, or first thing in the morning. The temps here have been in the mid-to-high 90's, so I stand it as long as I can, then head to where I can be in the A/C.
(My sewing room is an enclosed, former car-port, so heat or A/C is pretty limited.)

I've been digging through boxes and totes, trying to find something quick to finish. <sigh> Nothing appeals.
I have three tops that I bought at a yard sale years ago, I had thought to just use some cheap backing fabric and panto or FMQ those... but after looking at them again... ehhh... I'm not so motivated to finish them.

What do you think, ladies? Panto/FMQ them, and cut up for animal shelter pads? Or send the flimsies on to someone else who might actually want them?

Leta, in hot, sticky, sweltering Upstate SC