Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 AM
linda8450

That D1 is tougher than you realize! I am 72, have been sewing since I was 4 yrs old (still have the Featherweight I learned on) and have had many sewing machines. I have a D1, just upgraded my Diamond to a Diamond Royale, I have 2 sergers, and several antique machines. I learned to sew over pins when small, and I never could break that bad habit (I put pins in my mouth as well). It is not advisable...even frowned upon, and I try hard to remember to remove them. I have broken a needle or two over the years, but just replaced it and kept on sewing. I take my machines for regular service and NEVER has one been out of timing! Other problems, not operator related, but pins weren't the issue. I am careful not to bump the embroidery unit, that ruins the project, but doesn't harm the machine. I can't imagine dropping a machine! They are too heavy for me to throw out the window when I am frustrated! We all get bird's nests, break threads, forget to clean the bobbin area, etc. It is part of the sewing world. I think relax, enjoy the journey is your best bet. Happy sewing!