View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Lostn51
Banned

When I quilt the corporate world I sold our 1M dollar home and bought and restored the house that I am in now. You do not even want to know what kind of taxes I was paying for that one!! :lol: Plus I was tired of living in a zero lot line house and having my neighbors literally on top of me.

After buying this house and adding on to the home, plus building a 3 car garage in the backyard so I can work in, I still have under what the house was appraised for when I bought it so I am not complaining too much.

But we have had so much in fill in this area, the county is going to reappraise the homes in this zip code and a few others. There are only a few homes like mine left standing here and the rest are 6000 to 8000 sqft homes. And to be honest with you our houses are starting to look like little nooks compared to the neighbors, but I love my little nook!!! :lol:

The last house that sold down my street sold for almost 2M! I do not even want to think what my taxes are going to jump to when they come in this spring and rethink everything. That is the other reason I am moving out to the country!!

But like I said I will make stupid money on this house when I sell it just because everyone is wanting to move in this area and with the huge corner lot (a full acre), they can build a monster here and still have a lot of yard to cut.

Billy