Old 07-29-2016, 09:38 PM
FabQuilter

1)
I ruined my Sewing machine while I took my first quilting class over 25 years ago. Learned the hard way to not use hand quilting thread in he bobbin. To this day I blame the instructor for assuming this is common knowledge to a new quilter.
It was a vintage Singer and I loved that machine. At the time i barely could afford paying for the quilting class and materials as a single mom and was faced to having to pay to replace it after paying $ to have it checked
The silver lining was the repair man sold me a Featherweight in great working condition at a very reasonable price. And I loved learning to piece quilts -I got hooked
Became a fabric-holic too. 😍

2)
Last year my HV Emerald 193 (great machine) I impatiently pulled too hard on a snag/tangled threads in the bobbin and evidently chipped the bobbin case -thus the bobbin kept popping out. It was a slight chip but enough to paralyze my sewing on it. I ordered s new bobbin case and it's working great again.
Lesson learned, if I get my fabric stuck w tangles in my bobbin I no longer " pull " the fabric away/threads out. Instead , I patiently (which does not come easy to me, lol) clip knots off under the fabric close to the stuck area and use tweezers to clear the tangled threads.

Last edited by FabQuilter; 07-29-2016 at 09:57 PM.